Choose the Best Portable Workbench
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Portable Workbenches
14 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
- DIMENSIONS: Standing: 33.46 in. L x 21.65 in. W x 29.75 in. H / Folded: 33.46 in. L x 21.65 in. W x 4.4 in. H
- RESIN CONSTRUCTION: Made of heavy-duty resin with aluminum legs and a work space capacity of 1000 lbs.
- DURABLE AND STRONG: Weather-resistant polypropylene construction prevents rusting, peeling, and denting
- LESS THAN 30 SECOND SETUP: Unique quick opening and folding system for easy storage and portability
- LESS THAN 30 LBS: With its lightweight design and sturdy carrying handle, take your workbench just about anywhere
- [WORKTABLE & SAWHORSE] Holds up to 300 lbs. as a work table, supports 1,000 lbs. as a sawhorse. And it’s easy to transition between the two
- [CUSTOM CLAMPS] Two quick clamps are integrated and stay attached even when you fold the table into a sawhorse. Because they’re designed specifically for the Pegasus, they’ll be stronger and last longer
- [LIGHT AND STURDY] It’s only 25 lbs., and its foldable design makes it easy to move and store
- [CONNECT MULTIPLE TABLES] Create a whole work counter when you link 3 or more Pegasus’ together. Whether your worksite or workshop is spacious or tight, this building solution expands or contracts to fit your needs
- [DO IT YOURSELF. DO IT BETTER. DO IT WITH WORX.] WORX tools are engineered with cutting-edge technology, and above modern efficiency standards, so you can build a cost-effective tool collection that’s been designed to last
- The portable work bench has a durable steel frame and wooden vise jaws
- Sturdy construction of the garage work bench holds up to 350 lbs.
- Compact, lightweight design folds flat for easy storage
- Adjustable swivel pegs easily clamp irregular shapes
- Jaws resist warping and can be angled to accommodate uniquely-shaped materials. Parallel Clamping: 4-5/8"
- Aluminum legs extend from 30.3" H to 34.2" H giving you 4 extras inches.
- Quick opening system allows for 30-second setup.
- Sturdy carrying handle and foldaway design for easy transport.
- Includes two adjustable holding clamps.
- Durable resin construction holds up to 700lbs.
- Heavy-gauge steel frame of the portable work bench securely supports up to 550 lbs
- The garage work bench has a quick-folding design mechanism for portability and easy storage
- Innovative, fast One-Handed Clamp system allows clamps to be adjusted instantly together or independently
- Large working surface and adjustable jaws
- Includes four adjustable swivel pegs for easy clamping of irregularly shaped objects
Best Portable Workbenches – Buyer’s Guide
If you are making a new shelf for the living room or a bed for your child, a portable workbench is an excellent choice. Whether you are a hobby builder or a professional carpenter, a good bench for working is a must. First of all, it makes work more fun because you can hold the boards in place with a screw holder. Secondly, unlike a regular table, the workbench is much more stable and robust, which means that you can work in peace and quiet without worrying about the boards going and escaping during screwing or sanding.
On the other hand, the reach is enormous, as there are portable workbenches that are foldable or have many drawers and sections. Consequently, it can often be difficult to choose the best one. For this reason, we have created this review. Besides, we have written a buying guide that explains what to think about before buying, the advantages and disadvantages of benches made of sheet metal and wood, and why you should eventually buy a collapsible workbench. Read our guide below!
How To Choose a Portable Workbench
When you buy a workbench, there are some special factors you should consider. For example, how many screw holders you need. You should also think about how big it should be or whether it should be foldable or not. In addition to these criteria, we have summarized below how you choose the bench that best suits you.
Everyone knows how annoying it is to cut something together without being able to attach the material to something that will hold it in place. Therefore, it is an excellent advantage that portable workbenches are equipped with a series of screw clamps. In this way, the wood does not move when screwing, sanding or painting. Also, safety is increased because workpieces do not fly around, and there is a risk of hitting something valuable. Therefore, you must first make sure that the bench is equipped with a sufficient number of screw clamps or that some additional ones can be purchased.
Portable Workbench Height
It is strongly recommended to buy a workbench whose height can be adjusted, to ensure that the body works as ergonomically and healthily as possible. In this way, you can lift and lower from the outside when you stand or sit and work. It is also possible to lower the bench so that a child can also work next to the bench. Therefore, the height of the bench is an important factor to consider.
Although a workbench is usually attached to the garage, where there are usually many drawers, it is still practical to integrate drawers into the bench. Because who can pick up new nails every time you need to hammer? Moreover, you can have all the most frequently used tools in the drawers to work as efficiently as possible. But buying a bench with drawers costs a few dollars more. So consider whether this is a requirement for you.
Foldable or Fixed
When buying a portable workbench, you usually have two options. You can either buy a collapsible model, which you can fold up to save space, or take it to another workshop. Or you can invest in a fixed bench that is static, which is often the choice for professional contractors. We have written more about these two options below.
Folding Portable Workbench
A folding workbench has recently gained popularity. The reason is that you both save space and have the possibility to move it to another workshop or construction site. However, they are usually smaller than the fixed models, but this need not always be the case. However, if you choose a folding model, make sure that it is equipped with a carrying handle. The reason is that the bench should be easy to transport to the storage room or the tailgate of the car. The overall summary is as follows:
- Easy transport from the garage to the workplace
- Saves space when not in use
- Weighs less and is therefore easy to handle
Fixed Portable Workbench
If you are a professional craftsman or want to buy portable workbenches for companies, you should choose a permanent workbench. Because it’s heavier, you also get the greater stability that is required when working with rugged, heavy and cumbersome parts. In addition, they are usually equipped with shelves and drawers, so you can easily store your favorite tools. You also get a larger work area, so you can work with more people on the same bench. The drawback, however, is that it takes up a lot of space because you can’t fold it and store it on the floor.
A Workbench Made of Sheet Metal or Wood
A wooden workbench is a mostly aesthetic option. However, make sure that the surface is coated to prevent water damage and the like. Also, a bench made of sheet metal is also good, as the material is incredibly durable, especially sheet steel. Therefore, you should spend some time thinking about which material you think is best for you, since in the end, it is mainly a matter of very individual taste.