Choose the Best Tool Bag
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Tool Bags
6 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
McGuire-Nicholas 22015 Tote – the best for portability!
- The trolley comes with a handle
- Different storage options are available
- You may stack the units on each other
- Sturdy side latches
- Comes with a foam insert
- Anti-rust finish
- The removable inner tray
- Doesn’t have any straps for shoulders
- The top is made of low-quality materials
- Won’t last for a lifetime
WORKPRO 16-inch Wide Mouth Tool Bag – the best for outside use!
Tips for users: the pockets of this bag are not removable so you can’t rearrange the tools inside as you like.
- Many pockets and belts for holding small and medium-sized tools
- Double waterproof 600D fabric
- The wide-mouth design with double-pull zipper
- Resistant to abrasion
- Sturdy bottom with rubber legs
- Easy access to tools
- Comes with a shoulder sling
- Can hold up to 30 pounds
- Too lightweight to hold heavy instruments
- The bag could be larger
DEWALT DG5543 Tool Bag – the best for the price!
- Durable and good for heavy-duty jobs
- 33 pockets, 1 flap-covered pocket hook-and-loop closure
- Adjustable and removable shoulder strap
- Made of sturdy poly fabric
- Huge interior compartment
- A few pockets are too shallow
- Poor quality of a strap
WORKPRO 14-inch Tool Bag – the best for portability!
- Sturdy outer mesh pockets
- Rubber foam bottom
- Portable and lightweight
- Top double-pull zipper
- Extra padded handles
- Waterproof base
- Only 10 pockets
- Not suitable for a washing machine
WORKPRO Close Top Storage Tool Bag – the best for the size!
The 18-inch wide tool bag with an elastic handle allows getting to the contents of the bag convenient for the customer.
- Made of 600D polyester
- Good build
- The comfortable padded handle
- The shoulder strap can be adjusted to any length
- Has 13 pockets to carry the tools
- Anti-frictional base
- The top part is much narrower than the bottom when you zip the bag
- The bag is difficult to zip up
The pockets of this tool bag are suitable for keeping bolts, screws, screwdrivers, torque wrenches and other parts. The handle is additionally padded. The tote is suitable for the movement of small to medium objects such as handheld tools for a carpenter.
The Buyer’s Guide
A tool bag can be an extremely important investment for electricians, mechanics and plumbers. It can be used for any construction jobs, as well as for everyday tasks for storing all your tools. In other words, where the toolbox is too bulky or heavy, then choose a lightweight and compact tool bag.
Weight and capacity
The capacity of a tool tote or bag depends on how many instruments you want to carry and store in it. Overloading of a tool bag is not recommended for several reasons. Firstly, it may damage the tools. Secondly, this way it will be easier for the bag to take the optimal shape in specific circumstances: when you wear it on a belt or while driving a car, etc.
The color scheme for a bag for storing tools is not just about preferences, but also should have a practical meaning. Since tool bags are likely to be used in the harsh environment. In this case, it could be a wiser choice to pick the tool bag of dark green or khaki color. Not all monochrome dark shades are practical because the old dirt and stains are visible on such colors.
Typically, bags are made of two materials:
- Leather bags. Leather is a natural and dense material that is almost not exposed to all kinds of mechanical stress. A tool bag made of genuine leather may last several years, it is extremely difficult to cut with a sharp object. The disadvantages of such totes: too high and not compact, low moisture resistance, high price and a limited selection of colors;
- Nylon bags are made of synthetic material. Such totes for tools are quite lightweight, dense. They are typically water-resistant and can be safely used outside. The color scheme is varied, and the price is lower. However, there are drawbacks: such tools bags are easy to pierce, cut, and the seams can become shaggy;
Other tips for choosing tool bags:
- Water-resistant bottom;
- Reinforced handles that prevent quick tearing of the fabric;
- Adjustable shoulder straps;
- Pick the tool bag with many pockets, compartments for large and small items;
- A tool bag should have high-quality fittings, durable straps and buckles;
- Also, any tote or bag for tools should be wear-resistant;
- Give preference to a trusted manufacturer/brand who has a long and successful history in the U.S. market;
Now you are aware of some best tool bags in the U.S. market. Compare the pros and cons of each bag to store different tools and gear. The greatest storage unit can be good for mechanics and DIY technicians who travel with the tools. Before making a final decision, consider the weight of all your tools to pick the most durable bag.
Video Tutorial: Plumbing Tool Bag Tour – Husky 20″ Pro Tool Bag
Tool Bag Bestsellers
We have tested the most popular tool bags (the table is updated daily). We show the result in the bestseller list. Here you will find the best available products for you sorted by the customer reviews.