Choose the Best Tool Bag
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Tool Bags
8 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
McGuire-Nicholas 22015 Tote – the best for portability!
This tool bag could be an excellent choice for mechanics and electricians who transport their tools often.
This strong tool bag also comes with super sturdy tubular steel. Furthermore, they applied foam to its design for more convenience. Even if you load all your gear, you could carry this tote without any hand fatigue.
WORKPRO 16-inch Wide Mouth Tool Bag – the best for outside use!
This tool bag has been designed for secure mounting of long objects, such as wrenches, pinches or screwdrivers, along with a number of inner and outer pockets. Altogether, there are 8 indoor and 13 outdoor pockets together with 8 belts.
Tips for users: the pockets of this bag are not removable so you can’t rearrange the tools inside as you like.
DEWALT DG5543 Tool Bag – the best for the price!
Since it’s made of hard polyurethane and ballistic polyurethane the price is quite affordable without compromising the quality.
WORKPRO 14-inch Tool Bag – the best for portability!
It keeps your equipment safe and packed so you won’t have to search through the bag for a few minutes to get the required tool. It has a large wide-mouth style for quick organization. Due to keeping open top when used, resources are conveniently and securely available.There is a lot of room in the 14-inch tool carrier for the packing of your small to medium instruments. In general, this is a sturdy, robust tote ideally suited for safe storage of all small and heavy instruments.
WORKPRO Close Top Storage Tool Bag – the best for the size!
The top of the bag is tipped and has a wide-mouth design to pull out the tools faster. It also includes the sturdy bottom of rubber foam that increases durability. The robust lining protects from the dropping and shattering of the bag’s contents.
The pockets of this tool bag are suitable for keeping bolts, screws, screwdrivers, torque wrenches and other parts. The handle is additionally padded. The tote is suitable for the movement of small to medium objects such as handheld tools for a carpenter.
The Buyer’s Guide
A tool bag can be an extremely important investment for electricians, mechanics and plumbers. It can be used for any construction jobs, as well as for everyday tasks for storing all your tools. In other words, where the toolbox is too bulky or heavy, then choose a lightweight and compact tool bag.
Weight and capacity
The capacity of a tool tote or bag depends on how many instruments you want to carry and store in it. Overloading of a tool bag is not recommended for several reasons. Firstly, it may damage the tools. Secondly, this way it will be easier for the bag to take the optimal shape in specific circumstances: when you wear it on a belt or while driving a car, etc.
The color scheme for a bag for storing tools is not just about preferences, but also should have a practical meaning. Since tool bags are likely to be used in the harsh environment. In this case, it could be a wiser choice to pick the tool bag of dark green or khaki color. Not all monochrome dark shades are practical because the old dirt and stains are visible on such colors.
Typically, bags are made of two materials:
- Leather bags. Leather is a natural and dense material that is almost not exposed to all kinds of mechanical stress. A tool bag made of genuine leather may last several years, it is extremely difficult to cut with a sharp object. The disadvantages of such totes: too high and not compact, low moisture resistance, high price and a limited selection of colors;
- Nylon bags are made of synthetic material. Such totes for tools are quite lightweight, dense. They are typically water-resistant and can be safely used outside. The color scheme is varied, and the price is lower. However, there are drawbacks: such tools bags are easy to pierce, cut, and the seams can become shaggy;
Other tips for choosing tool bags:
- Water-resistant bottom;
- Reinforced handles that prevent quick tearing of the fabric;
- Adjustable shoulder straps;
- Pick the tool bag with many pockets, compartments for large and small items;
- A tool bag should have high-quality fittings, durable straps and buckles;
- Also, any tote or bag for tools should be wear-resistant;
- Give preference to a trusted manufacturer/brand who has a long and successful history in the U.S. market;
Video Tutorial: Plumbing Tool Bag Tour – Husky 20″ Pro Tool Bag
Now you are aware of some best tool bags in the U.S. market. Compare the pros and cons of each bag to store different tools and gear. The greatest storage unit can be good for mechanics and DIY technicians who travel with the tools. Before making a final decision, consider the weight of all your tools to pick the most durable bag.